- FLAC to MP3 conversion script - keeps tags.
- ZFS monitoring script with default config.
- Lighttpd makejail configuration file - for Drupal with an SQLite backend.
- Mpdcheck script - monitor and shut down an inactive MPD server. See frontpage article for background.
- PCI runtime power management udev rules. If these udev rules render your system unstable (e.g. rebooting instead of shutting down) use this runtime power management script which will put your PCI devices in powersaving mode (retaining functionality). See the blog post for background.
I own a (now broken) Sony Xperia Z3 Compact and a HTC One M7 (backup device). Since both are unmaintained but have a viable LineageOS codebase for 14.1, I have been regularly building 14.1 to keep up with Android's monthly security bulletins. Expect these to become sparser as time goes however. Grab the images here.
OpenWrt / LEDE
Packages and firmware builds for the following devices. The APU2 image is an x86_64 build optimised for its AMD Jaguar SoC, so it won't run any hardware that doesn't support its features (ie all Intel hardware, and AMD processors prior to Jaguar).
- D-Link DIR-860L revision B1
- Netgear WNDR3700 v1 and v2
- PC Engines APU2
- TP-Link TL-WR841N v7
- TP-Link TL-WR1043ND v1 and v2
- Ubiquiti UniFi AP AC Pro
These firmware builds are almost vanilla. See my article on custom settings for more information. Images have the following properties:
- They default to a 10.0.0.x subnet. Routers are preset to 10.0.0.1, UniFi AP AC Pro images are set to 10.0.0.50.
- DCHP range is set to 10.0.0.51 - 10.0.0.100 by default. This allows you to safely configure static DHCP leases in the lower range for devices that are permanently present in your network (in my case, e.g. the server, Odroid XU4, the laptop and the HTPC benefit from this) without interfering with dynamic allocation.
- SQM scripts is included in all images.
- A guest network setup script that will autoconfigure an isolated guest WLAN on your 2,4 GHz radio (call the script with the following command:
# gastnetwerk standalone
- I've integrated a few handy packages for devices with 64 MB RAM or more:
- Curl with SSL support
- LuCI SSL
- LuCI statistics
- LuCI frontend for SQM scripts
- NTP client with LuCI frontend
- DDNS (Dynamic DNS) with LuCI frontend
- DNSSEC support through Unbound
- tmux, a terminal multiplexer
- USB modem/tethering support (see the OpenWrt wiki for more information)
- Wireguard with LuCi frontend
- Due to space constraints, LuCI, PPP support and wireguard are not included in builds for 4 MB devices (ie TL-WR841N v7). USB modem/tethering support is not included either for devices without USB ports (TL-WR841N v7 and TL-WR1043ND v1).
- The builds for the UniFi AP AC Pro, being dedicated access points, and not routers, don't have DNSSEC, DDNS, Wireguard or USB modem/tethering support either.
- These builds are essentially personal builds tailored to my use cases, as such, come with a limited package set. You won't be able to use e.g. kernel module (kmod) packages from the official LEDE builds, but most upstream packages from the stable releases shouldn't pose a problem.
LEDE and OpenWrt have re-merged under the OpenWrt moniker (basically, LEDE rebranded to OpenWrt). The builds provided are run regularly from their respective trees.
Since LEDE 17.01 is stable on all devices I run, I have removed the OpenWrt 12.09, 14.07 and 15.05 binaries. Below you can find some other handy stuff for OpenWrt/LEDE.
- Netio tarball for OpenWrt - Network throughput benchmark. For instructions on how to compile a single package for OpenWrt, see the OpenWrt wiki page. The package is available in the OpenWrt buildroot as well.
- Not OpenWrt specific but related is the ART (Atheros Radio Tool) calibration data. If you happen to mess up your WNDR3700 v1, and the radio fails to come online even though you seem to have restored it, you need to reflash the ART partition. By default, this partition is read-only, but by editing the OpenWrt source code you can compile an OpenWrt build with a writable partition. Alternatively, you can apply this ART partition patch.
- Chaos Calmer 15.05 and trunk patches that add Gainstrong MiniBox v1.0 support to OpenWrt.